Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A whole bunch of random

It's hilarious how NaBloPoMo is happening at the time my life is lamest. I mean, my life is fine right now, really, just kind of boring. Nothing to write about every single day. But our Internet is back, and that means so am I, boring blog posts and all.

Mainly I am working right now. B and I decided to suck it up and work as much as we can in the next few months in order pay off some debt and save up for some...um.....something really exciting that will happen in the next 2 years that I can't really talk anymore about yet. There I go again, with the Lame. Yesterday I spent all my free time writing my profile on etsy, and then it all got erased instead of saved. I will make another valiant attempt today.

Oh! The other night I ran for the first time since my marathon! Let it be known from here on out, that I am a person who hates winter. And the really cold part of fall. I just hate the cold. And in my part of the world, it is getting dark now at about 5pm. So no more lovely warm evening runs with JenniferMarathon for me. Because of this, I have been forced back into the dreaded gym. Now, B and I have had a gym membership for the past 5 years. I hadn't been there since way before my marathon training began this last May. Why would I run in a stinky, stuffy gym on a treadmill, when I could run outside in the sunshine? We have really great trails here in my town - even the neighborhoods are great to run in. If I could circle how much I love to run outside, to show you, I would circle it three times, and then underline it a whole bunch, and then put six or seven stars next to it too. I love it that much.

But, like I said, the weather is crappy now and I had to go to the gym. So I went, and I ran on the treadmill. It was really hard not to fall off. But I ran a 10 minute mile, which is pretty fast for me. And then I ran a little slower. All in all, I only did 2.5 miles, but I guess my body was still a little sore over the marathon beating it took, because 2.5 left my legs all quivery. And now I am sore! I am just so glad to be out there again, though. It felt great and I want to keep it up so I can maintain my marathon shape. So I guess that means I'll be spending at least some of my nights at the gym, wiping my sweat off the equipment for the next person to use it. Dreaming of spring.

So....Thanksgiving is next week. That fact hit me yesterday as I was starring listlessly at the calender at work. Thanksgiving is next week and we are hosting it at our house - for the first time ever. All of B's family will be there, I think - which I am so excited for! However, now I have to get my crap together!!! Get organized!! Where are they going to sleep, what are we going to eat? Am I actually going to make a thanksgiving feast? Sigh.

However, I can't wait for the mashed potatoes.

2 comments:

Mr President said...

Ahh, my gym is great. The ground floor is dominated by an indoor pool and some squash courts.

The gym area itself is upstairs but it's sort of like a "gallery" overlooking the pool (there's no ceiling between the pool and the gym area). It's very open-plan.

Not only that but there are windows everywhere (which bring natural light), and often there are a couple open (for fresh air).

The air coming off the pool is refreshing enough anyway so even when the windows are closed it's neither stinky or stuffy.

I used to hate working out in the gym because most places are cramped, stuffy, smelly places but my new gym is actually a fun place to go. As an added bonus the environment is really social and I've even made friends there.

Brant & Elsa said...

aaahhhh, your gym does sound nice:)