Saturday, November 3, 2007

The freakshow has left the building........momentarily.

Ahhh, feeling better now. Pretty much over my post-marathon freakout. Now it just pretty much feels surreal. Did it really happen? Apparently so, because here is a picture of it!

This is at about mile 16 or 17. B and his mom and dad were in the primo spectator spot and B stepped in to run with me for a mile or so. It was awesome to see them - mom and dad were snapping pics and running alongside to say hi. They were so excited and so supportive, it was a great pick-me-up and motivator. I was still feeling pretty great at this point, but within the next two miles, things got really hairy for Jennifer and I, and I'm glad I got to see B and his mom and dad when I did. The course was set up so that we ran miles 11-18ish down one side of the Great Highway, right along the Pacific ocean (if you look at the pic, the ocean is right over that little hill on the right side. Very beautiful), and then around Lake Merced for miles 19-21ish, and then back along the other side of the Great Highway (more beautiful ocean) for miles 22 - 26. It was great because B and his parents could basically stay in one general area and see me at mile 16 and also at the finish. Before the marathon I told B and his parents that I didn't need them to come, that I would be fine alone (I thought it would be really, really boring for them!). But in the actual experience, I was so, so glad that they were there. It was such an intense experience physically and mentally, and seeing them was a huge boost. Plus, there is no way I can accurately describe the energy of the situation, the beauty, the excitement -I am so glad they were there to experience it. Even if waiting around for me was pretty boring. They are great sports!

Anyway, that is some of my story. I had an amazing time. And now I am adjusting to life after training. I want to keep running, for sure. But now I have time to focus on other things in my life that I have been limping along for the last few months - mainly my art, and fixing up our old beautiful house. So next to come, are pictures of my pendants. And to make it fair, our house. For now, it is Saturday morning, and I am drinking a fantastic cup of Bolivian coffee and getting ready to do laundry. The sun is shining outside and melting the crackly frost from last night, and I am feeling peaceful. Hope you all have a fabulous Saturday.

No comments: