Saturday, December 8, 2007

The snow is falling here. The ground is just warm enough that it wont stick so instead it is coating all non-ground things (tree branches, rocks, flower pot rims) with a thick dusting of white snowy frosting. Kinda makes a winter hatin gal like me soften up a little, it's so pretty.

Our Christmas tree is up too- a funky little red, white and black number. This is going to be the first Christmas since B and I were married that we haven't had family around for the holiday. Every other year we've had some rip roarin plans with either his family or mine, but this year....his parents are in Maui (snif snif), my parents are in Seattle, and our brothers and sisters and nephews are in Eastern Idaho and California. So here we are....in our snowy little Idaho town with our red, white and black Christmas tree, trying to figure out what to do for the holiday. I think I have successfully talked B into running the YMCA Christmas fun run with me. We can do either 2.5 miles or 6.1. I'm thinking the 2.5 since B is fairly new to the running thing and I am fairly out of shape since the marathon. But a run! For Christmas! Makes me pretty happy, especially that B would do it with me.

Anyway, more later. It's too pretty outside to type anymore.

No comments: