Monday, October 8, 2007

One by one.......

Today has ended up being a day where I feel like I would have been better off staying in bed. It's nothing really worth talking about in detail - just a long day at work, having to train a new girl, crabby unprofessional people jerking me around, and the feeling that there is never enough money to go around. However, I just visited Lindsey's blog and she had a great idea of making a list of all the things she is rich in (besides financial). Sounds like a great idea to help me get off of my selfish pity-pot of doom. So here I go, counting my blessings/riches, quite literally:

  • Well, first off, there's God. And my relationship with Him. It pretty much changes everything.

  • And then there is B, of course. He is my best friend and my favorite.

  • I have a great job - it's basically part time hours for full time money and doesn't make me want to shoot myself in the foot every time I have to be there. And for me, that is pretty big. I get bored so easily and can't see myself working long term at some company -tethered to a desk, making phone calls or presentations or whatever it is people do at their Very Important, Very Professional jobs. I was basically born to be self employed.

  • Um.....I live in a really great house, in a cool part of town and I have enough to eat. Gas in my car. Movies to watch tonight. Dogs to feed.

  • I have great, funny, supportive, rock star friends. They know who they are.

  • Anthropologie is opening a store here soon! Shallow, but now I can drool on their items in person!

  • My mom and step dad made it safely back from South Africa this last week and I get to see them soon! It's been over a year and I can't wait to hear about their adventure and give them both a hug! My mom and I will go to the mall and eat See's chocolates and get tacos. It's our thing and I've missed her so bad.

  • I not only have a beautiful house, but an actual studio in my backyard - a place to go and crank up the Pete Yorn, the Patty Griffin, and crank out the art. It's a far cry from the 500 sq foot apartment we rented until late this summer.

  • Really, no matter what my issues, I've got it SO MUCH easier than SO many people out there. Kinda sad that I would even bellyache, but I am so human, you know......

Dudes, I feel so much better already. I am going to shake off today, make some mad good Indian food (chana masala anyone?) for dinner and curl up with B on our bed to watch more House. Thanks for listening, yo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Elsa, I loved reading your list. I'm glad it made you feel better, too. :)