Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The lowdown

So here's the thing. We've been moving. Into a new house. More on that later.

Why, oh why, when I come here, do all of my funny thoughts, ideas, sentences, fall out of my head and stare at me blankly? Like they were never in my head to begin with? I want to say things here, and I will. Even if I have to grab their grubby little hands and force them to admit they are mine.

I want to tell you(who?) that I have quit my job, quit school, and started a business. Well...the business is at least in the beginning of being started, but still. Amidst all the quiting and starting I am mostly excited. And a little scared. Mostly I think I am scared that I will wake up tomorrow and be like Elsa? What. have.you.done?
But, in the last 2 1/2 weeks of being unemployed I have been in such turmoil about what to be doing with my life at this point, that really, that panic is nothing new to me. I know what to do with that panic.

So. The business details. I want to make stuff and sell it. More specifically, I want to make beautiful things and have people buy those beautiful things. I want to cultivate relationships around those beautiful things. I love art, design,....and long walks by the beach. Seriously though, I have so many ideas floating around of things that I want to design and make, and this business is going to be me doing just that. My first project is jewelery oriented. I am making pendants out of resin. Right now it is a lot of trial and error - but I am mostly overwhelmed by how well it is going, and the peace I feel about going down this road. I'll post pictures as soon as we get settled into the new house and get our Internet going.
So that's it for now.

No comments: